Transfer students bring broad experience and unique perspectives to Ithaca College. The professional academic advisors at the Academic Advising Center (AAC) are eager to assist transfer students with the successful integration of prior academic coursework with the curriculum requirements at IC.
Professional advisors at the AAC are available by appointment and through drop-in hours. Appointments can be made by calling 607-274-1001 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All transfer students are required to enroll in ICSM 19000: Transfer Student Seminar during their first semester at the college. This 0-1 credit seminar is designed to introduce students to the Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) and to foster a better understanding of the role of integrative learning in the 21st century. The seminar, taught by the professional academic advisors of the AAC, also provides information about resources to assist transfer students in their transition to campus.
Each transfer student is also assigned a faculty advisor who can provide specific information about requirements for the major and any minors that a student may declare. Faculty advisors also can offer guidance around internships, graduate school and networking.
THE FOLLOWING LINKS LEAD TO INFORMATION THAT WILL BE PARTICULARLY USEFUL TO TRANSFER STUDENTS:
- Navigating College Speak (Transfer Students)
- Integrative Core Curriculum for Transfer Students
- Student Affairs and Campus Life Transfer Student Programming
- SHIFT: Supportive and Helpful Information For Transfer Students
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES & SCIENCES:
- Advising Information for Transfer Students
- ICC-CLA Information for Transfer Students
- Overview chart of ICC for Transfer Students in H & S