As of March 12, 2020, all summer pre-college programs at Ithaca College are expected to run as scheduled. This page will be updated with any changes and with detailed protocols to keep students and families healthy and safe while they're on campus this summer.
- With the impact of the COVID-19 coronavirus still unfolding, and IC’s Summer Pre-College Programs over three months away, Ithaca College continues to closely monitor scientific and health care recommendations from experts and authorities both locally and globally.
- While it is too early to predict the precise impact on each of our programs and all of the students and families enrolled, IC will rely on the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO). You may also wish to monitor the New York State Department of Health’s (NYSDH) coronavirus information and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
- To keep the community informed about the virus, Ithaca College has launched a COVID-19 website with detailed updates and information about the illness and the College's preparedness and response.
- At this point, we encourage families with students traveling to Ithaca from affected areas to:
- monitor local travel restrictions, as well as the U.S. State Department website, for updates;
- check-in with your airline carrier closer to your time of travel to ensure you are prepared for any related protocols; and
- consider insurance that covers cancelation or change in travel plans.
- We will have detailed protocols in place this summer should anyone participating in one of our pre-college programs become ill. These processes will be consistent with local and federal guidelines. We will publish here finalized health and safety protocols.
- Information here will be updated regularly. If more focused information needs to be shared, we will do so via email to students and families, and to our foundation and high school partners.
- If you have any immediate questions or concerns, please contact the Precollege Programs team at 607-274-3143, or email email@example.com. We expect to have an exciting summer at IC, and we look forward to meeting you then!
IC will issue refunds, minus any application fee, should your travel to an IC Summer College program be disrupted by:
- Travel bans or Level 3 warnings put in place by the NYSDH or CDC
- Personal COVID-19 illness or quarantine
- Inability to secure a visa
- Suspension of major airline carrier services after May 1
Summer pre-college program refund policies are detailed on each relevant program website and may be based on the dates of the program and the date of participant withdrawal.