Skip to main content
- Title IX is a portion of the United States Education Amendments of 1972, Public Law No. 92‑318, 86 Stat. 235 (June 23, 1972).
- Title IX policy includes: sexual assault, sexual violence, sexual harassment, and discrimination based on gender or sexual identity. Students should be able to pursue their education, both on campus and through other opportunities, free from sexual violence or sexual harassment.
- Protections & Rights under Title IX still apply while studying away from IC! While what Ithaca College may be able to do will vary from program to program, we will do what we can to support you while you are away, including but not limited to:
- Academic & personal support
- Assistance with filing a complaint under the Student Conduct Code (for IC students) or the Employee Policy Manual (for IC faculty/staff). If the violator is a member of the IC community (faculty, staff or student) we can hold that person accountable through the IC student or employee conduct process. If the violator is not a member of the IC community, we will still provide support and may be able to work with that person’s home college (if they have one) to file a complaint with that school.
- If you experience anything that makes you feel unsafe while away from IC or not sure if you can complete your study experience, you should let the Ithaca College Title IX Coordinator know. Her name is Linda Koenig; her email is email@example.com Telephone-607-274-7761
- If something happens, get help. If you do not know where to start, talk to your program director if you have one. Reach out to the Title IX coordinator or deputy coordinator at IC, or to someone else from IC with whom you feel comfortable. You can also report directly to the police, especially if you feel unsafe.
- For more information, visit www.ithaca.edu/share Please visit this site for definitions of prohibited behaviors, contact information for the Title IX coordinators, and support resources.
- Please contact the Title IX coordinator before you leave for your program if you have specific questions or want more information.