Ithaca College and Monroe Community College, in recognition of mutual value to their students and their institutions provided by a clear pathway for transfer students between the two colleges, have created a transfer articulation agreement.
- To encourage the transfer of qualified students from Monroe Community College to Ithaca College.
- To award a block of academic credit for courses completed at Monroe Community College, that meet the terms of the Associate of Arts degree or the Associate of Science degree, for application toward the requirements of the Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) which is part of any bachelor's degree at Ithaca College.
- To provide effective and concise guidelines for students seeking to transfer to Ithaca College. Students will have accurate and clear information regarding the transfer of their courses and credits toward a bachelor's degree at Ithaca College.
TERMS OF THE BLOCK TRANSFER AGREEMENT:
- Although admission to Ithaca College is competitive, students who complete an Associate of Arts degree or Associate of Science degree at Monroe Community College will ordinarily be accepted provided they meet the minimum cumulative grade point average required for the bachelor's degree program chosen for admission.
- Ithaca College will treat the general education requirements from the earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree at Monroe Community College as meeting the general education requirements (Integrative Core Curriculum) at Ithaca College; accepted transfer students holding such a degree will be considered to have completed all of the Ithaca College Integrative Core Curriculum requirements except for: the transfer seminar (required of all Ithaca College transfer students), the electronic learning portfolio, and the ICC Capstone.
- Monroe Community College transfer students will be subject to all other course prerequisites and degree requirements at Ithaca College as set forth in the Ithaca College Undergraduate Catalog.
- All courses completed at Monroe Community College, other than those applied as a block to the Integrative Core Curriculum, will be evaluated on a course-bycourse basis and transfer to Ithaca College provided a grade of C- (1. 70) or higher has been earned.
- This agreement shall be in effect for three years from the date of signature, and may be renewed on an annual basis thereafter. Each institution agrees to provide timely notice to the other in the event of any modification to the curriculum that may reasonably be expected to affect compatibility for admission and transfer of courses. Either institution may discontinue the agreement at any time by 90 days' official written notice to the Office of the Provost at the other institution.
- This agreement is subject to change, without notice, if the New York State Education Department (NYSED) mandates relevant degree requirement changes.
- It is agreed that both institutions will conform to all New York State Education Department accreditation/approval regulations including but not limited to the following provisions:
No credit toward graduation is awarded for developmental, remedial, continuing education units (CEUs), vocational, internship, or practicum courses or other pre-collegiate level course work designed to prepare the student for collegiate study.
Only credit from regionally accredited institutions of higher education is accepted for transfer into a bachelor's degree program. No academic credit is awarded for life experience or for military, police academy or other training.
All credit earned through knowledge-based examinations (e.g., AP, CLEP, and DANTES) is clearly documented on a student's official transcript by specific course designations and numbers, including the source of the credit.
- Ithaca College will accept toward the total credit hours required for the bachelor's degree courses completed at Monroe Community College with a Pass/Satisfactory grade that is equivalent to a final letter grade of C- or higher as indicated by Monroe Community College.
- Students applying for transfer to Ithaca College must meet all other general admission requirements in effect at the time of their application, including but not limited to: a completed transfer application to Ithaca College through the Common Application website, official high school transcript, official Monroe Community College transcript, letter of recommendation, application fee, and a successful audition, interview or portfolio review as required for certain programs.
- This agreement is subject to the following general provisions:
- This agreement contains the sole and entire agreement of the parties as to the subject matter hereof and fully and correctly sets forth the rights, duties and obligations of each party in respect thereof as of the date of this agreement. All prior agreements, promises, negotiations, communications or understandings of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, whether written or oral, are merged and superseded hereby.
- This agreement may be executed in any number of duplicate counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
- This agreement shall be binding upon the parties' successors and assigns.
- The invalidity of any part of this agreement will not and shall not be deemed to affect the validity of any other part.