Award for Project Completion: Fall 2018
- Student must be enrolled in a 300- or 400-level photography course in the Park School of Communications.
- The deadline to submit materials for the competitively awarded James B. Pendleton Photography Award is Monday, November 12, 2018. Submissions are due by 3:00 p.m. on or before that date in Karen Armstrong's office, Park 364.
- There is no application form. In order to be considered for a monetary award, you must submit a portfolio of ten prints that represents your work-in-progress. Although “work prints” are acceptable, make certain the quality of the print is good enough to communicate the meaning of the image. Unless your final images are intended to be smaller than 8”x10”, your portfolio should be printed at least that size or larger. Your submission should include a detailed proposed budget, and a statement contextualizing your work.
- Award decisions will be announced within 14 days of submission deadline.
- Recipients agree to make their work available for a Pendleton Grants exhibition in the photography gallery at the beginning of the semester following receipt of the award. If your work is selected for the show you will be contacted prior to the end of the semester in which the award is granted.
- In order to receive the final $100 of their award, recipients must submit a USB 3 thumb drive documenting the project funded by this award. Digital files should be in JPEG format, 1000 pixels on their longest axis.