1. Identify a Faculty Sponsor.
- Summer internship - choose a Park faculty member. Be sure to reach out to the faculty member first to ask.
- Fall/Spring internship – Typically your sponsor will be the Professional Development Coordinator or you can choose a Park faculty member.
2. Fill out the application. The internship application is on Handshake at https://ithaca.joinhandshake.com/experiences. They call them “Experiences.” It’s under the “Career Center” tab and you will want to “Request an Experience.” You should use the outline below to enter in the info and upload the required documents.
3. When you complete filling out your application, go back and attach the following docs to your Handshake Internship Experience (there is a button for attaching documents):
- Harassment Prevention completion certificate – take the online tutorial HERE.
- Letter of agreement from the organization’s Site Supervisor to include:
- Supervisor’s name and contact information
- Internship start and end dates, and rough hours per week
- Activities that you will engage in & how your responsibilities will increase over the term
- What you will be learning (since you are receiving credit, it must be a learning opportunity with mentorship and support)
- Description of the workspace/resources that will be provided. (Note that internships cannot be undertaken in a home office.)
- Terms of compensation, if any
- Resume – if you need help with your resume contact Career Services
- Learning objectives - type these in your Handshake application (there is a section for Learning Objectives) describing:
- What activities and responsibilities you will be assigned
- Learning objectives for internship (what you will get from it & how it relates to major)
- How you are prepared for this internship