Community is the central focus of the program. You will forge strong connections with other Scholars and STEM students, faculty, and staff.
- The STEM Residential Learning Community provides students with similar interests a space where they can live and learn together outside of the classroom. Upperclass STEM peers serve as in-house mentors and RAs to support you in your transition to college and in navigating your major.
- The first-year STEM seminar provides an intimate classroom setting in which you will get to know other Scholars and STEM peers as you prepare for success at IC and beyond.
- Research participation during the semester and the summer promotes strong and lasting relationships with your faculty mentor and research peers.
- Annual “STEM Challenges” bring students from all STEM disciplines together to solve complex and relevant problems through friendly competition.
- Social events, including a Welcome Picnic, provide opportunities to get to know peers, staff, and faculty in informal settings.