Overall grade point average at the undergraduate level, GMAT (or GRE, if required) score, academic and/or professional experiences, and recommendations are among the criteria considered. Previous work experience is not required; however, previous work experience in accounting is a plus.
To be eligible for admission to the graduate programs in business, you must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
Required Application Materials
A “complete” application consists of the following items (applications are not reviewed until they are complete):
- Online application form and essay
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT (or GRE) scores, if required (see below)
A. Automatic full admission will be granted if either of the following conditions is met:
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.2/4.0 in accounting courses and overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (a GPA of 3.0/4.0 for the last 60 hours would be considered equivalent)
- The Composite Index Score (CIS) of 1,100 or higher calculated based on the following formula: CIS = 200 (GPA) + GMAT (or GRE equivalent)
B. If either of the above conditions is not met, admission may be granted on a case by case basis. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have:
- an offer from a "Big Four" or other national accounting firm; or
- very strong recommendations from Ithaca College faculty from their upper-level undergraduate accounting courses.
The application is due February 15th to be considered for a scholarship. The regular application deadline is ongoing with preference given to applications received by March 1.
Ready to Apply ?