To create a visual display of course offerings and content areas covered at different levels of your program’s curriculum.
One department meeting and one to two hours for data entry. Time will vary depending on the size of the department and how many courses are offered.
1. Provide your colleagues access to the following resource
Inform your colleagues that the video is only 5 minutes long and that you would want to gain their perspectives on the value of creating curriculum maps of your program. Suggest that colleagues watch the video in advance of the meeting, but in case any member was not able to view the video, it might be helpful to watch it as a collectivity.
3. Add discussion of curriculum mapping as a main item on a department meeting agenda. Discuss with colleagues if the curriculum mapping is something they would want to commit to. In advance of the meeting, review the following resources and bring a copies of these tools to the meeting for reference
****IMPORTANT – When accessing the Excel Mapping Tool, you will need to download it from google sheets. The download button is located in the upper right corner of the google sheet.****
4. If your colleagues are interested in curriculum mapping, suggest that the department identify a leader. This could be you, or it could be someone else. If it is someone else, as Department Representative you will want to work with any other leader(s) when logging information into the CMTS Primary Tool.
5. Identify a process by which courses are coded as covering elements of the Sociological Literacy Framework and self-defined goals using the performance based criteria. One possibility is to use the Mapping Courses Worksheet (linked above).
6. Map your department’s curriculum using the Excel Mapping Tool. If you are not very familiar with your department’s course scheduling arrangements, it would be helpful to work with a colleague with experience in these areas.
7. Log into the Qualtrics CMTS Primary Tool and upload your completed curriculum map (excel file).
***IMPORTANT – When logging into the Qualtrics CMTS Primary Tool, use your saved bookmark link. This enables the CMTS to build a custom report using all of the information you provide***