Clynes Collaboration Grants are designed to encourage collaboration between College faculty and area school teachers on projects that have the potential to be sustainable and have a lasting impact on students. Grant applications may be submitted by IC faculty or area teachers any time throughout the academic year and are reviewed on a regular basis. Submission of an application certifies approval of the building principal. Funds cannot be used to pay for any personnel expenses.
All grant applications should:
- clearly outline expected outcomes;
- have an Ithaca College/area teacher co-collaborator with a clearly defined role;
- have an itemized budget of proposed expenses;
- have a starting and ending date;
- have the approval of the building principal.
- Does this application have the potential to affect a large number of children, or have a particularly powerful impact on a small group of children?
- Is there the potential to sustain this project after the completion of the grant?
- Are the learning goals and expectations clear?
- What is the potential/expected impact of this grant on the curriculum?
- Secure approval for project from principal.
- Complete application form and attach as a Word document and email to email@example.com.
- Notification will come within 30 days of submission.
- If approved, save all receipts for grant related materials for reimbursement. Clynes Grant funding will be issued as a reimbursement only. Upon completion of the Clynes Grant activities, the "Request for Reimbursement" form with all receipts should be submitted. At that time a lump sum reimbursement will be issued. Requests received after May 15th of the academic year in which the award was made may not be eligible for payment. We will make every attempt to reimburse for approved expenses within 10 business days from time of submission of receipts and the "Request for Reimbursement" form. Please note that in instances where Ithaca College funds will be used to purchase materials, it will be the responsibility of the IC sponsoring department to pay for the costs in advance.
- Within 30 days of completion of the project, please submit a summary of the results of your project that can be shared with Tompkins Trust Company, the funding organization for Clynes Collaboration grants.
- If you have questions about any aspect of this program, feel free to contact Dr. Elizabeth Bleicher at firstname.lastname@example.org.