Freshman and Sophomore Years
- Freshman Fall Orientation Meeting with Health Professions Advisory Committee (formerly known as the "Premedical Sciences Advisory Committee")
- Registering with the Committee by filling out a Biographical Questionnaire.
- Begin requesting evaluations from professors (aim for 3-8 by the end of Junior year)
- Take required courses to fulfill admission requirements
- Make yourself known to your academic advisor and to your professors who will be writing recommendations
- Become involved in campus life through extracurricular activities
- Acquire experiences in your desired field; volunteering, jobs during break and summer, etc.
- Visit the PreMed Center (CNS) to explore career options
- Identify specific admission requirements for your programs/schools of interest
- Continue to obtain evaluation forms from instructors and other sources (coaches, club advisors, etc)
- Study for upcoming admission tests (i.e. MCAT)
- Register for MCAT or GRE or other admission test (usually taken in spring of junior year)
- Write a resume and personal statement for upcoming committee interview
- Sign up for interview with Committee (this usually occurs just after spring break).
- Meet with member of Committee for feedback from your interview
- Continue volunteer work and extracurricular activities
- During summer between junior and senior year, apply to the schools of your choice; applications for medical school begin June 1.
- Complete applications as needed.
- Retake MCAT if necessary.
- Interview at schools.
- Inform the committee of the outcome of your applications.
- Continue to fill all course requirements.
- Continue volunteer work.
- Accept your offer!