- October 15, 4 p.m; Bias and Microaggressions Workshop
Hosted by IC's Biology Department. Here is the Zoom.
As future health professionals, it is incredibly important for us to acknowledge the intersection of racism and healthcare. I encourage you to attend this workshop if possible because it is a good first step to understanding how to approach biases and microaggressions in your everyday life. If we allow ourselves to learn, we can be the change.
- Ithaca College is offering learning coaches to help you with your classes (including pre-health classes like BIOL 114, 119, 121, 207, 214, 227; CHEM 110, 121, 221, 222; EXSS 120, 202, 306; HLTH 102; 205; 229; PSYC 103, 104, 110, 202, 207, 311, 321, 330 and more!) To learn more, or to request assistance, visit ithaca.edu/tutoring . Never be afraid to ask for help.
- Career Services is offering virtual career coaching through Career Check-In appointments. These appointments will be offered Monday through Thursday from 12-2 pm. Students can schedule 15 minute drop-in appointments with our Peer Career Advisors via Handshake for help with resumes, cover letters, job & internship search, interview prep, graduate school, and general career support. To make a check-in appointment, please log in to your Handshake account (using your Netpass credentials) and select appointments from the Career Center menu page.
October 22, 1:00-2:00 pm; Opioid Overdose Training Workshop
Zoom program hosted by the Center for Health Promotion and the Southern Tier AIDS Program
- In September, SUNY at Buffalo Jacobs School of Medicine and the Jacobs Institute hosted a free webinar titled ‘COVID Unmasked: The Real Impact on the Future of Medicine’ – a refreshing, multi-faceted look at COVID with experts from Buffalo, Washington DC, Boston, and Thailand. If you're interested in viewing it, the full recording is on YouTube.
- October 20, 5:30-7:00 pm; Pre-Health Panel. RSVP and submit questions.
Hosted by LMSA & SNMA at Upstate.
This panel will have student representatives from the MD, PA, PT, MPH, and MD/PhD programs.
- October 21, 4:30-7:00 pm, IC Majors and Minors Fair. Register here.
IC will be hosting a for an evening of conversation with faculty and student representatives from every IC major and minor, as well as representatives from the Academic Advising Center, Exploratory Program, Career Services, Registrar, Study Abroad, and Financial Services. All majors and class years are welcome! First and second year students are especially encouraged to attend.
- From the Volunteer Listserv: "Make sure you're registered to vote!
Resources for registering, ID requirements, and the election process.
Election day is November 3. Mail-in and absentee ballots have earlier deadlines, varying by state. Request here, find out if you're eligible to become a poll worker. Write to your Congressional representatives. Text Resistbot on iMessage or "USPS" to 50409 to Learn more here.
By Abigail Murtha, October 15, 2020
Stay informed/get involved