The Costume Shop Assistant is a student assistant with experience in the area of theatrical costuming who works for the Theatre Arts Department to help maintain the department’s costume shop and theatrical spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain costume shop facilities and equipment. Assist in maintaining costume storage. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in supervision of production work crews.
- Students need to be proficient in the use of a sewing machine and available to work in 2+ hour shifts.
- Successful completion of THEA 11300 Technology 1: Costumes OR THEA 10300 Costume Technology or equivalent.
- A desire to improve costume construction skills is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Costume Shop, Dressing Rooms and Storage areas, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain costume shop equipment owned by the Ithaca College Theatre Department.
- Provide assistance in building costumes as requested for the current show(s).
- Work on special projects related to production, as assigned.
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Theatre Department as assigned.
- If over 21, complete requirements for use of department van.
Hours: 4-10 per week
Supervisor: Lilly Westbrook (firstname.lastname@example.org)