The First Year Movement for the Stage Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge and experience in acting and theatrical vocal techniques and movement practices. The assistant will work with the professors of THEA 23500/23600 and with the students enrolled in the class both in and outside of class hours.
- Senior standing in the BFA Musical Theatre or Acting degree
- Successful completion of the voice and movement course
- Dance, yoga, or Alexander training are beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular attendance in Voice and Speech for the Stage on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:00-9:50 a.m. for both fall and spring semesters.
- Must be able to demonstrate all exercises used in this class as well as participate in all activities with the students.
- The assistant will partner with students when necessary and be available for outside help with work assigned by the instructor.
Hours: 6 hours per week. The goal is to hire for the entire academic year, but due to scheduling, we might hire these positions on a per-semester basis.