- All Theatre Practicum and Theatre Production I students will be trained in the safe and correct use of all equipment and safety procedures required to carry out their production duties. Training will be conducted by crew supervisors under the supervision of the Theatre Production and Design (TP&D) faculty and staff.
- Any Theatre Production II students who are working on a production crew on which they are untrained will receive training in the safe and correct use of all equipment and safety procedures by the appropriate TP&D faculty or staff member.
- Training shall be conducted according to the guidelines laid out in the Health and Safety handbook on the Department of Theatre Arts' website.
- During crewmember training, each crewmember will be provided with a training form
- Trainers will cover each listed point on the training form; it is the responsibility of the trainee to understand the procedures and guidelines provided by the trainer and to ask questions if anything seems unclear.
- When training is complete, each crewmember will sign, date and submit the training form to their crew supervisor.
- Any questions regarding training or the safe and correct use of equipment and safety procedures can be referred to the TP&D faculty and staff.