The Lighting and Sound Office Assistant is a student with experience in the art of theatrical lighting and sound, who works for the Department of Theatre Arts to help maintain the department's inventories and drawings of spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, is responsible for timely and proper clarification and inputing purchases into a budget spreadsheet. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in the supervisor of production work crews. Work on special projects related to production, research into new equipment, and setup for classes as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- Successful completion of THEA 11400 Theatre Tech II: Lighting and Sound
- A working knowledge of theatrical lighting and sound, as well as prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be able to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Vectorworks software is preferred.
- The ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the budgets and inventories for lighting and sound shops
- Maintain lighting and sound equipment owned by the Department of Theatre Arts
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and expertise as requested for the current show(s)
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Department of Theatre Arts duties, as assigned by the department's lighting and sound shop supervisor
- Database entry and file management
Hours: 5 per week, 14 weeks per semester
Supervisor: Mike Garrett (firstname.lastname@example.org)