The Paint Shop Assistant is a student assistant with experience in the area of theatrical scenic paint who works for the Theatre Arts Department to help maintain the department’s paint shop and theatrical spaces. Under faculty and staff supervision, clean and maintain the paint shop facilities and equipment. Make purchases when necessary. Assist in supervision of production work crews. Work on special projects related to production, as assigned. If over 21, use department van to run errands.
- Successful completion of THEA 11600 Theatrical Properties and Scenic Art or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of theatrical paint technology and prior experience with the specific systems used by the Ithaca College Theatre Arts Department.
- The ability to lift 50lb.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Paint Shop and associated areas, keeping them clean, maintained, safe and usable for production, class and work.
- Maintain paint shop equipment owned by the Ithaca College Theatre Department.
- Provide assistance in painting elements as requested for the current show(s).
- Work other tasks on behalf of the Ithaca College Theatre Department as assigned.
- If over 21, complete requirements for use of department van
Hours: 4-10 per week
Supervisor: Ruth Barber (email@example.com)