The Scenic Art Teaching Assistant is a student assistant with knowledge in theatrical technology and scene painting. The assistant will work with the professor of THEA 11600 both in and out of class.
- Successful completion of THEA 11600 Theatrical Properties and Scenic Art or equivalent with a 3.0 or higher.
- A responsible and dependable individual able to think and act quickly to respond to the artistic needs of the instructor and/or students in the course.
- Completion of THEA 31700 Advanced Scenic Art is preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking inventory of materials for each class.
- Preparing samples for the painting technique demonstrations prior to lectures.
- Assisting with the maintenance and organization of the paint shop and course instruction areas.
- Ability to demonstrate techniques during work periods, as needed.
Hours: 5 hours per week. This course is hiring for Spring Semester ONLY.
Supervisor: Ruth Barber (email@example.com)