NEW CONTENT FOR THE TIME OF ONLINE LEARNING:
The following is meant to be helpful rather than prescriptive. Students and faculty are encouraged to work together as needed to determine what will constitute a recital in this unusual time. Staff is available to provide advice and assistance.
Suggestions for using Zoom to livestream and create a recording
- Using Zoom
- Recording the Livestream (livestreamed recitals can be saved directly to Sakai, or uploaded later)
- Think about your lighting and background
- Turn the HD video setting ON
- See this tutorial to adjust advanced audio settings
- Check your Internet speed (upload speed needs to be greater than 2Mb/s for standard, or greater than 10Mb/s for HD)
- Consider distance to router (if on wifi), or how the internet is being used throughout the household (don’t stream a recital while others are using Netflix / YouTube) *Distance to router does not apply if connected via ethernet
- Check status.zoom.us -- it is anticipated zoom will be very busy and occasionally unreliable, and that link may help you predict latency issues.
Please let Erik Kibelsbeck know your date/time and livestream link, for it to be added to the online concert calendar!
Visit https://sakai.ithaca.edu for more information.