EVERY STUDENT ACCEPTED TO GO to the London Center MUST ATTEND ALL REQUIRED ORIENTATION SESSIONS.
Orientations will be held via Zoom, so that members of our London Center staff can participate. Students should attend the synchronous meetings, but if unable to do so, can view the recorded sessions. Session dates listed here are for students accepted to go to London for Spring 2022. Orientation sessions for Summer & Fall 2022 will be announced in January 2022.
REQUIRED ORIENTATION SESSIONS
- London Center Orientation: London Logistics - Tues. 10/19, 12:10-1:05 pm
- London Center Orientation: Academics & Classwork - Thurs. 10/21, 12:10-1:05 pm
- London Center Orientation: Life in London - Tues. 10/26, 12:10-1:05 pm
- London Center Orientation: Health, Safety, & Culture - Thurs. 10/28, 12:10-1:05 pm
OPTIONAL ORIENTATION SESSIONS
- London Center Orientation: London Ambassador Panel and Q&A - Tues. 11/2, 12:10-1:05 pm
- London Center Orientation: Virtual Center Tour and Coffee Talk - Thurs. 11/4, 12:10-1:05 pm
ORIENTATION SESSION FOR THOSE DOING AN INTERNSHIP or NEEDING A VISA
Students who will be in one of the following categories are required to apply for a visa before going to London, and MUST attend the Visa & Internship orientation:
- Those planning to do an internship in London;
- Those planning to work part-time, either doing work-study at the London Center or outside of the London Center;
- Those who will be in the U.K. for more than 6 months;
- In some cases, those who are “visa nationals;” that is, those who are citizens of countries other than the U.S. or the U.K.
This session will cover important topics related to UK immigration regulations, critical information and instructions for those needing a visa, the internship placement process and reasonable expectations for an internship in London. We will hold this meeting twice; attend the one that works best for your schedule.