Frequently Asked Questions

As an international student, do I need to send other materials with my application?

Besides your application for undergraduate admission, you will also need to send:

  • A complete and original secondary school transcript or marks sheet (grades) that bears the school seal and certifying signature of a school authority. Also submit official transcripts from all universities attended. Applicants must provide a certified English translation of all transcripts that are not in English.
  • A letter of recommendation from the principal, school head, or college counselor, sent directly from your school to Ithaca College.
  • Proof of English proficiency from TOEFL scores (see the Admission FAQ "What sort of testing is required of international students for admission to Ithaca?").
  • Test results (optional) of the SAT or the ACT with Writing.

Please note: international citizens do not need to send an application fee. Ithaca College has waived that requirement. Instead, select the Institutional Fee Waiver on the Common Application.

Also note: some applicants must arrange for an audition or interview. Specifically, students applying from abroad who are interested in music or theatre must work closely with the appropriate department. For the School of Music, visit /music/admission/international/. For information on auditions for Theatre Arts, visit /hs/depts/theatre/prospective/.