Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of camera should I bring for programs in the Park school?

You will need your own digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR)—one that has the option of controlling aperture and shutter speed manually, and that can shoot in RAW format. (Nikon’s version of RAW format is called NEF.) An example of a good quality, entry level digital SLR would be the Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm lens, which costs approximately $450 new on Other good choices might include Canon’s Rebel line of DSLRs. Pentax and Olympus also offer lower cost digital cameras. If you prefer to borrow a camera from a relative for the semester, this is fine with the Park School.

During the course, you'll need to purchase approximately $120 of expendable items such as paper on which to print photographs. Your professor will give you a detailed list of places to purchase photo supplies during the first week of class. The Ithaca College Bursar’s Office will charge you a $75 fee for printer ink, which students use a lot of during the semester.