Frequently Asked Questions

Can I transfer any credits I've earned elsewhere or through AP testing?

Yes, as long as the institution where the transfer credit was earned is at least regionally accredited. After our Office of Admission sends you a letter of acceptance, they'll send your official school transcripts to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. Approximately three weeks after you are accepted, you should receive an evaluation of your coursework in the mail. If you wish to have an evaluation prior to acceptance, you may contact the Office of Admission at (607) 274-3124.

AP (Advanced Placement) credit is accepted. In order to get AP credit, you'll need to send your scores directly to

Office of the Registrar
Ithaca College
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7013

Ithaca College's ETS (Educational Testing Service) school code is 2325.

For specific information about Ithaca College's advanced placement policy, as well as our IB (International Baccalaureate) and CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) policies, contact the Office of the Registrar at (607) 274-3127 or visit the web pages listed below.

2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog: Advanced Placement Policy

2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog: International Baccalaureate Policy

2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog: CLEP Policy

Be sure to consult the College's undergraduate catalog for the year you will enter Ithaca College, as policies are subject to change.