International Business Concentration
Today's global economy demands a sophisticated knowledge of business, legal, and cultural practices from Barcelona to Bangkok. With options to pursue coursework in international finance, export-import operations, marketing, and business law, our international business concentration will prepare you to step confidently into careers in multinational corporations and government agencies.
Boardroom decisions in New York, London, or Singapore can change lives overnight in Beijing, Boston, or Buenos Aires. That's why our programs have an international perspective and stress the importance of socially responsible business practices. We've designed our courses to prepare you to deal successfully in today's globalized business environment, and you may also choose to study abroad.
We'll encourage you to master a foreign language as well as take advantage of opportunities for rewarding internships worldwide. Participate in one of the many study-abroad programs with which we're affiliated -- you'll develop a knowledge base and perspective that will give you an edge with employers.
- Take advantage of Ithaca's popular London Center, where an internship in British business might help you learn the practices and policies that affect business in Europe.
- Spend a semester in Dublin, Ireland, where you may get an inside look at an international, nonprofit theater festival.
- Choose a different study-abroad opportunity to get an in-depth and up-close view of the factors that affect business from the Pacific Rim to the European Union.
After all, you never know where you'll end up: our alumni hold positions worldwide, in such places as London, Hong Kong, Turkey, Russia, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Bulgaria, Sweden, Germany, India, and Sri Lanka.
International business concentration majors often take the following complementary minors:
If you're interested in international business concentration but not as your major area of study, you may want to consider the following minors:
- German Area Studies
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Business Studies