What clubs/organizations are you involved in?
- I am the president of the Ithaca College chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators. Through this club, I lead a large executive board that creates different professional development programs relating to strategic communications for both Ithaca College students and local community members.
- I am a teaching assistant for two sections of Communication in Organizations.
- I am involved with Jewish life on campus.
Are you involved in the Honors, Leadership Scholar, MLK Scholar, or Park Scholar Program?
- I am really proud to be part of the Ithaca College Honors Program. Through this program, I have been able to take really cool classes, such as Introduction to Autism and Making Meaning Out of Your Career, Life, and Journey. They have taught me about really cool topics that I wouldn’t ordinarily have learned about. In the past, I also helped the program by serving on the Student Advisory Board and the Honors Residential Community Council.
- I am also in the Leadership Scholar Program. This program has allowed me to attend special leadership conferences and workshops. These have helped me develop my managerial and teamwork skills.
Have you been engaged in research, internship opportunities, student teaching, or conferences?
In spring of 2019, I co-ran a campus-wide mentoring program that was a special project funded by Dr. Shirley Collado, president of Ithaca College. This program included over 40 Ithaca College students, staff, and faculty members.
Why did you choose Ithaca College?
I chose to attend Ithaca College for two main reasons. First, IC had the major that really spoke to me. The integrated marketing communications major is a rare gem in colleges/universities throughout the United States. It includes a variety of topics such as sales, advertising, public relations, and marketing, all of which are crucial in business and communication. The other reason I chose Ithaca College was because it made me feel wanted. As someone who applied to several higher academic institutions, it was important to me to not feel like another statistic. This college took the extra step in personalizing my acceptance letter and accepted me into various academic and scholarship programs as well.