What clubs/organizations you are involved in on campus?
• I sing in, and I am the co-social media coordinator for IC Pitch Please, which is one of six a cappella groups on campus.
• I am the Curriculum Coordinator for IC Beyond which is a mentoring program that works with a local elementary and high school.
• I serve on the Senior Class Cabinet as the Junior Marketing and Communications co-chair for IC Senior Week.
• I play clarinet in Campus Band, which is a band for non-music majors.
• I am a member of IC Public Relations Student Society of America
Why did you choose Ithaca College?
I chose IC for a multitude of reasons, but the two big ones were the Park School of Communications and the Ithaca community. I knew that I wanted to major in the field of marketing communications, so after doing research about Park, I felt that it would be a great fit for me. Both Ithaca College and the Park School recognizes different learning styles, and since day one, I have been given opportunities for hands-on experience in my major. Additionally, the town of Ithaca is genuinely one of my favorite places. It has always felt like home to me. There are so many ways to immerse yourself in the community, whether that be through all the festivals or all of the nature. There has never been a shortage of things to do both on and off campus.
Is there anything else you would want to share with a prospective student?
Talk to as many current students as possible, look at the social media of different organizations around campus, and do your best to look at the culture of the school to see if it’s a good fit for you, whether that be IC, or any other school you may be looking at. I know that it can be an overwhelming process, but I promise that everyone just wants to help you succeed!