The indoor pool is open to all current Ithaca College faculty,
staff, and students as well as retirees are welcome to swim during
all posted lap swim hours. All individuals utilizing the pool must
present their Ithaca College Issued ID Card or Pool Membership ID
to the Lifeguard Staff each time they wish to use the aquatics
- The Ithaca College faculty or staff member must be present and have a valid Ithaca College ID when they wish to utilize the facility.
The Aquatics Pavilion Indoor Pool houses an Olympic size pool (50 meters x 25 yards) that was completed in September of 2011, and is located in the Athletics & Events Center
- Ithaca College’s Indoor Pool is 13,100 sq. ft and consists of a 9 lanes 50 meters by a 21 lanes 25 yard pool. The pool has a variety of competition courses that can be configured with 2 separate Bulkheads, (6' wide and 4' wide.) The pool is 8+ feet deep at both the starting and turning ends of the competition courses, with 5 lanes 14 feet deep at the diving end of the pool. The pool also has a 30' by 75' movable floor system to enable shallow or deep water area. Shallow water is used to accommodate swim lessons, academic classes, Aqua Zumba, PT or rehab training and a variety of other activities, while the deep water is used to accommodate competitive swimming, water polo, and any other events that require deep water.
- The facility provides spectator gallery seating for approximately 1,000
- Diving consists of two 1-meter boards and two 3-meter boards on separate platforms, with warm water showers. Diving set up also includes a sparger air bubbling system and water agitators under each board.
- The facility also includes a 200 sq. ft. Spa that can accommodate up to 19 people.
- Attached to the pool is a 42 person Classroom, used for teaching all aquatics classes, holding team meeting, and used to assist with event management.
- The facility uses Colorado Time Systems, a full color video board for swimming/diving/water polo and a separate LED display board configured for diving.
- The pool is home to the Ithaca College Men & Women's Swimming and Diving Teams.
- The facility can also accommodate a number of removable Rowing stations down the length of pool, so that our Crew programs have the ability to practice indoors.
A&E Center Aquatics Pavilion Design Awards and Publications:
2012 – ‘Innovative Architecture & Design’
Award Recreation Management magazine
2012 – ‘Architectural Showcase’ Athletic Business magazine