As an institute of higher learning, the Ithaca College website should support a robust forum for civil and well-informed discussion of important issues and ideas. To that end, we welcome the submission of comments from readers in response to stories and blog posts and expect that all commenters behave courteously and responsibly. We ask that all comments follow these guidelines:
- Keep your messages on topic for the particular post you are responding to.
- Do not post obscene, indecent, profane, defamatory material, or any material that would constitute a criminal offense or otherwise violate any local, state, or federal law.
- Do not engage in personal attacks.
- Do not attempt to impersonate others or use multiple account nicknames in the same discussion. Do not respond to your own posts using another nickname.
- Do not post the same message in multiple locations within the same blog post.
- Do not post junk mail, pyramid schemes, chain letters or advertisements.
- Do not post anyone’s personal contact information including telephone number, street address, or e-mail address.
- Do not post copyrighted material, including newsletter items, newspaper articles, excerpts from books, music, poems, photographs, video files or any other material, unless it adheres to fair use guidelines or you own the copyright or trademark to that material.
- Do not post solicitations to buy or sell products, services or to make donations of any kind.
- Do not post anything that would encourage illegal activities or threaten the health or safety of an individual.
Ithaca College reserves the right to remove any comments that are in violation of the above guidelines.
Changes to the Website Comment Guidelines may occur at any time; notice of changes will be published on this page. If you have questions about these guidelines, please contact email@example.com.