Please see below for FY 2021-2022 budget planning procedures and timeline information.
FY 2021-2022 Budget Planning Process
Please see below for FY 2021-2022 Budget Entry Training Materials and Budget Planning Timeline Information.
The Budget Team will email budget managers directly with information on how to complete the budget planning process for Fiscal Year 2021-2022, and an outline of the approval chain for each department.
Budget Planning Timeline
This section contains information on the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget Process Timeline.
- The submission deadline to Divisional approvers (VPs and Provost) is Friday, March 19th, 2021.
- The final submission to the Budget Office is Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021.
NOTE: We are asking that the budgets that you submit be completely thought through and that they include only essential and strategic needs.
- Submissions will need to be completed in the Budget Template for each of the departments and projects you are responsible for.
- Please include Student Wages, Professional Services, IT Hosted and Non-Hosted, Non-Salary Operating, Small Equipment, Chargebacks and Revenue (where applicable) for each of your active units. Do not include amounts for faculty and staff salaries or any benefits.
- The Budget Templates should be submitted for approval based on the Budget Approval Process outlined in the emails sent to budget managers by the Budget Team.
Centralized Budget Items: Please be aware of the following items that are budgeted for in a central department (e.g. IT) and therefore should not be budgeted for at the department level:
- Computers for new staff/faculty or costs related to computer repairs. These are normally budgeted in subcode 7302. (see IT memo)
- Ink/toner or paper for use in Multi-Function Devices. These are normally budgeted in subcode 7319. (see Print Management memo)
- Office phones normally budgeted in subcode 7561.
- Insurance premiums normally budgeted in subcode 7501.
- Our office is also asking for areas to complete the IT Request Form for any budget submissions in that area.
- Subcodes 7656 and 7657 for IT Software.
- Requests for new technology items need to be submitted for review to IT by March 26th via the Project and Major Technology Purchase Requests form via this link. Please select “next fiscal year” option within the form. This process does NOT apply to existing items owned or used by the college.
- Due to financial constraints, we are not accepting capital budget item requests at this time as we will be working closely with the Vice Presidents to determine what, if any, capital dollars are available.
COVID Related Expenses
Departments should include any COVID related PPE supplies in their budget requests. User Code 0930 is to be utilized for COVID-19 related expenses such as PPE (e.g.masks, gowns, & face shields) and cleaning supplies.
Edits after Submissions
- Due to the difficult nature of predicting enrollment, the Budget Office will continue editing budgets after the 2022 budget submissions are reviewed.
- The 2022 Final Draft Budget will be generated by the Budget office to establish a break-even budget for the Board of Trustees to approve in May. The Budget Office will reach out to Divisions/Departments for clarification or recommended changes, if needed.
Please continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to your budget.