1st membership meeting
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
The open house gave students a chance to come and see all of the aspects of our AACSB accredited business school, which is also platinum LEED-certified. During the day students have the option to take a tour of the campus followed by a special look at the just the school of business. Students can make an appointment with an admissions counselor if they have any other questions. After this Students and parents are invited for pizza with the Deans' Hosts so any questions about the Business School or any other questions can be answered. Here are a few things that were said.
• “This really helped in our college search”
• “The Deans' Hosts were very knowledgeable”
• “I had a great time learning about what the college had to offer”
“I was very impressed the event was run by only students.”
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
The Ithaca College School of Business Deans' Hosts recently hosted their first Open House on Saturday, September 25 and had a great turnout. The day was full of presentations about faculty and peer advising, curriculum, the Trading Room, and the Professions Program. Prospective students and their families mingled with current students and faculty and learned of the opportunities the School of Business has to offer. The Deans' Hosts received nothing but positive feedback from prospective students and their parents.
Here is what prospective students and their families had to say about the day:
- "The most helpful part of the day was the Student Q&A where we could talk to current students without our parents."
- "This open house made Ithaca one of my top choices in my college search."
- "I enjoyed being able to socialize with everyone."
- "The Deans' Hosts were cool and easy to relate to."
- "The Business Open House was very helpful. We wished we could have heard the Business presentations all day."
- "It was encouraging to see the level of student participation."
- "The student speakers were extremely positive."
- "The students handled themselves extremely well for their age and experience."
Friday, February 12, 2010
To wrap up the end of the semester and thank our membership for their hard work we got together to do a yankee gift swap, present general member awards and eat some food! This event was a lot of fun with a lot of stealing gifts and laughs from all.
Friday, September 18, 2009
On Sunday September 15th, 2009 Deans’ Hosts had its first general membership picnic meeting of the semester. The turnout for the picnic was great with both returning members and many new faces. The event was a general success, everyone seemed very excited for the semester, and had a lot of fun playing some ladder golf and catch phrase.
We look forward to having a great semester, and hosting our first Open House program on September 26th!
Rachel & Caitlyn