Mary Ellen Zuckerman, Dean
Alka Bramhandkar, Associate Dean
Ayana Richardson, Assistant Dean for Student Services
For full faculty listing, see "Faculty and Administration."
Faculty and Administration
The Ithaca College School of Business offers a bachelor of science degree program in accounting; a bachelor of science degree program in business administration, with concentrations in corporate accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing; and two master of business administration degree programs, all of which are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. In addition, the School of Business offers a bachelor of arts in legal studies. Our undergraduate programs are designed to prepare students for careers in business and industry, for graduate or law school, or for the CPA/CMA examinations. Students are encouraged to seek additional information about these programs in this catalog or from the appropriate dean's office.
Strong academic advising is available from the School of Business faculty and the student services team in the dean's office, as well as from other areas within the College, to help students make the choices necessary to be successful at Ithaca College and in the future.
The School of Business at Ithaca College is dedicated to excellence in business education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Our degree programs align theory with practice within the global and ethical decision-making context necessary to grow sustainable enterprises. Our commitment to teaching fosters a diverse, dynamic learning community where students can develop the knowledge, skills, and character needed for leadership in their organizations and communities. Our students engage in leadership, teamwork, and experiential activities in and beyond the classroom. Our faculty members pursue scholarly activities that enhance our teaching mission and enrich the classroom experience.
- To attract and retain a talented, diverse group of baccalaureate business and accounting majors.
- To attract and retain academically and professionally qualified
faculty members who are, first and foremost, excellent educators.
- The school provides faculty development opportunities and instructional resources that enable faculty members to stay at the leading edge of knowledge in their disciplines.
- The faculty engage in scholarly pursuits and developmental activities in their disciplines to bring current theories and empirical knowledge into the classroom and to further knowledge in their respective fields.
- To prepare undergraduate students to succeed in a complex,
changing world and to provide a foundation for subsequent lifelong
learning by offering an extensive program of study in the
- the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences;
- a professional business core curriculum that is based on theory, empirical research, and practice; and
- one or more functional business concentrations.
- To provide the opportunity for undergraduate majors to complete their graduate education prior to launching their careers by offering a one-year M.B.A. program.
- To develop the skills and values that enable students to
translate knowledge acquired in the classroom into competent
managerial behavior by providing numerous venues in which students
can practice what they have studied in class and grow
professionally in the process.
- Students are helped and encouraged to complete internships in a variety of profit-making and nonprofit organizations.
- The school actively supports a number of highly successful student professional organizations. The habits of thought and action that constitute character are learned by participating in organizations whose members exemplify those habits in their everyday behaviors. Because of this, the school encourages students to take active roles in these organizations, where they can experience leadership and service to others and come to view both as essential elements of a productive life.
- Students are provided opportunities to interact with distinguished alumni and regional business leaders, who share their experiences, host interns, and provide employment opportunities.