Explaining to anyone using AV equipment that frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces are key to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 on campus, so they should wipe down the equipment that they will touch both prior to and after using it.
Cleaning and disinfecting guidelines:
- If surfaces are visually dirty, clean with soap and water prior to disinfectant application.
- Spray of wipe the area with an approved disinfecting product.
- Adhere to the manufacturer’s recommended contact time for the disinfectant to know how long the surface should remain wet for the disinfectant to be effective. Follow the instructions on the container labels.
- When cleaning keyboards, copiers and electronic equipment, do not spray disinfectant directly onto the equipment; spray the disinfectant onto a paper towel or use a disinfecting wipe.
- Throw away towels or wipes used for cleaning after each use.
- Wash hands immediately after cleaning and disinfecting.
- Provide signage or other notifications reminding attendees to wear face coverings, wash hands and sanitize, and maintain social distance as possible.
- Managing traffic flow/signage to minimize contact.
- Determining a staggered entrance and exit plan at the start and end of the
- Keeping track of capacity, ensuring that the guidelines for capacity provided by
IC facilities are met.
- A Social Responsibility Statement should be read at the beginning of each event
and should be included in all promotion (including in intercom, much like the accessibility statement).
Suggested statement: “All attendees are reminded that they must wear a face covering which covers their nose and mouth, wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering the event space, and maintain social distancing at this event. Do not attend this event if you have any COVID symptoms. Being a responsible community member will help keep the campus open and able to hold events.”