By becoming or continuing as a member of the Ithaca College community – whether a residential student, off-campus student, employee, visitor, or other participating community member – you are agreeing to abide by the College’s policies, guidelines, and expectations related to public health policies which can be found on the college public health website. The policies and guidelines referenced herein and provided on the College’s website are fully incorporated into the Student Conduct Code, employment obligations, and other applicable rules maintained by the College.
Ithaca College Community Agreement
1. COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAW
2. COMPLIANCE WITH COLLEGE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND PREVENTION PROTOCOLS
All members of the Ithaca College community are expected to act in a manner that demonstrates respect and consideration for the health and safety of all community members. Public Health columns and other notifications will be utilized to inform community members about critical information. All community members are REQUIRED to read and comply with applicable public health instructions and guidelines from the College, including those published on the College’s Public Health website as updated. Note that additional requirements may apply based on your role, interactions, or responsibilities within the College.
Those who are unable to, or uncertain as to how they will, comply with any health and safety requirements are expected to provide early, clear and regular communications with appropriate personnel. Appropriate personnel may include a supervisor, Dean of Students, instructor, or office.
4. ACADEMIC PROGRAM DELIVERY
Ithaca College will adhere to its regular tuition refund policies as long as academic courses continue to be delivered.
5. ACCOMMODATIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
The College is committed to facilitating the full participation of people with disabilities in all campus programs, activities, and events. For this reason, individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact the appropriate office or event organizer to request modifications to existing safety protocols. Appropriate offices include:
- For Students: Students who have an underlying health condition which precludes them from following health and safety requirements and expectations may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Student Accessibility Services.
- For Employees: Employees who have an underlying health condition which precludes them from following health and safety requirements and expectations may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the Office of Human Resources.
Public Health safety-related requirements and guidelines set forth by the College, including those referenced herein, are fully incorporated into the rules and policies applicable to every community member.
- Residential and Off-Campus Students: Violations of the guidelines, including on- and off-campus conduct that is detrimental to health and safety, will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Conduct Code.
- Employees: Violations by Faculty, Staff, or Administration will be subject to disciplinary processes in accordance with the respective policies in the Ithaca College Policy Manual or collective bargaining agreement covering the individual.
- Organizations: If a recognized or unrecognized club or organization authorizes violation of these guidelines, it may be subject to penalties including rescissions of permission for that organization to operate at Ithaca College.
- Visitors: Violations by non-community members may result in the offender’s immediate removal from college property and possible restriction from the premises.