The Public Health Task Force met regularly throughout the 2020-2021 academic year, and concluded its charge in May, 2020. The Public Health Task Force is not currently meeting and will not meet regularly in the 2021-2022 academic year unless conditions warrant that it must begin to meet again. The Health and Safety Advisory Group, a subset of the Public Health Task Force, has continue to meet throughout the summer and will continue to meet into the 2021-2022 academic year.
Public Health Task Force and Campus Reopening Documents (2020-2021)
Historical information and documents related to the 2020-2021 academic year.
Task Force Status
Task Force Charge (2020-2021)
The charge given the the public health task force by President Shirley M. Collado is as follows:
- Advise the Director, Public Health Emergency Preparedness regarding institutional public health actions necessary to respond to COVID-19.
- Recommend appropriate policies and procedures to protect public health, most immediately related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monitor established warning signs and metrics regarding COVID-19 prevalence and recommend appropriate actions.
- Request that Action Groups be established, when appropriate, to further develop particular policies or procedures, or enhance institutional response in certain areas.
- Identify experiential learning opportunities that may exist for students while navigating our public health response.
- Bring forward communication gaps that exist among campus constituencies and suggest needed communication strategies.
Task Force Leadership (2020-2021)
- Chair, Christina Moylan, Director, Public Health Emergency Preparedness*
- Dr. Ellyn Sellers–Selin, Medical Director*
- Bill Kerry, Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management*
- Tim Ryan, Assistant Director, Environmental Health and Safety*
- Kari Brossard Stoos, Associate Professor, Health Promotion and Physical Education*
- David Gondek, Associate Professor, Biology*
- Susan Bassett, Associate Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Sports
- Brad Hougham, Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs
- Kirra Franzese, Associate Vice President, Engagement and Talent Management
- David Prunty, Executive Director, Auxiliary Services
- Bonnie Prunty, Dean of Students
- Emily Rockett, Assistant Counsel
- Bob Wagner, Chief Communications Officer
- David Weil, Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Chris McNamara, Faculty Council Representative
- Rachel Gould, Staff Council Representative
- Logan Chaput, Student Representative
* Also a member of the health and safety advisory group.
NYS Campus Reopening Documents (2020-2021)
New York State required in 2020-2021 that Ithaca College submit a reopening plan, downloadable below, consistent with the guidelines outlined in the Department of Health’s Interim Guidance for Higher Education During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. The comprehensive, 32-page Ithaca College Return to Campus plan remained in effect for spring 2021, inclusive of the addendums which reflected pertinent changes to our operational protocols. New York State has not issued a similar mandate for return to campus for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Ithaca College Reopening Plan - ic-return-to-campus-reopening-plan-document-for-nys-doh-vd_0.pdf (2.22 MB)