In our dedication to keeping all customers and staff safe and healthy, Dining Services upholds and reinforces all mandated hygiene, sanitation, and safety precautions to avoid exposure and transmission of COVID-19. The following list outlines the protocols and measures for on-campus dining and will continue to be updated as required.
Food service is presently allocated to Campus Center Dining Hall, Terrace Dining Hall, Towers Marketplace, Ithaca Bakery, and IC Food Court with rotating teams of essential workers. This strategy allows, should an illness arise, the opportunity to limit the risk of infection to a contained population. All units maintain the same hygiene, sanitation, and safety precautions.
- Signs at entry points instruct customers not to enter if they are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- The number of customers who may enter food service locations is limited to accommodate the maximum allowance for physically distanced service.
- Floor markings and exchange barriers are provided to facilitate compliance with physical distancing and safe service operations.
- Hand sanitizers, spray disinfectants, and disposable paper towels are available outside of food service locations.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed for an additional level of protection for staff and customers.
- Swiping ID cards is completed by the customer to mitigate the risk of cross-contamination at retail and resident dining venues.
- Staff members are required to adhere to all standard grooming and hygiene practices. In addition, staff members are required to wash their hands and wear and change gloves with heightened frequency. Staff members wear masks during preparation, service, and when work tasks make physical distancing difficult. Staff is supported with daily reviews and updates of proper maintenance of PPE use and hygiene.
- Food contact surfaces, utensils, and common touchpoints are washed and sanitized frequently.
- If not served to order, all other food items are pre-packaged or wrapped for service.
- All food and drink items are served in disposable containers with disposable cutlery. Meals are for takeaway with limited seating available in dining spaces.