I am pleased to welcome you to the Ithaca College Facilities Departmental website!
I am proud to represent the 200 Facilities staff members who build, maintain, clean and otherwise provide services to support and serve our campus community members, alumni and guests. The Facilities staff is a hard-working, committed and institutionally-loyal group of employees. Our intent is to assist our colleague IC departments with the recruitment, retention and graduation of our valued student body, and to enable our faculty and staff members to conduct research, impart knowledge and complete the important administrative support functions that bolster the academic experience.
I find it worthy to mention that a number of goals have recently been identified to guide our efforts. I am pleased to mention a few of them here:
- To provide stellar support and assistance to all of our customer groups.
- To begin to implement components of the recently competed 2015 Ithaca College Master Plan.
- To utilize the results of our comprehensive conditions audit of the physical campus and the corresponding five-year Strategic Financial plan to address the College’s deferred maintenance backlog in a systematic and planned way.
- To become a data-based decision making organization with a byproduct of continuous quality improvement of processes and practices.
- To continue to implement Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with numerous campus departments as a means to enhance service to those we serve.
- To align Facilities with the tenets of IC 20/20, the College’s Strategic Plan, wherever possible.
- To enhance training opportunities for our valued Facilities employees.
- To actively seek strategies and initiatives to support President Rochon’s vision to make an Ithaca College education more affordable for our students and their families.
I encourage you to visit us periodically, as new features and valuable information will be added to this website continuously. In the interim, I offer a warm welcome, and hope that you find our site to be both informative and helpful.
Dr. Timothy Carey
Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer