An advance deposit is a deposit required of any undergraduate student who plans to return for the following fall. Payment of the deposit reserves your spot for the following fall and allows you to participate in online registration.
- Deposit amount: $400 (for most returning, see exceptions below)
- Billed: February 15
- Due: March 15
- Fully refundable to those who notify the College of their intent to leave by June 15. Students who are ineligible to continue are always refunded the deposit.
- Deposits are credited in full to your fall semester bill.
Returning students with reduced or no deposit
- Returning students with financial aid can apply at the Office of Student Financial Services for permission to pay a reduced fee of $40.
- There is no advance deposit required of returning IC tuition remission students, HEOP/IOG, or Park Scholars.
A confirmation deposit (London confirmation fee) is paid by students attending the London Center and is used to reserve their place in the program. If a student does not attend the London Center, the deposit is forfeited, even if the student does attend the Ithaca campus. Students attending the London Center are still required to pay an advance deposit in addition to the London confirmation fee.
International deposits may be required for some study abroad programs. If you take a leave of absence for a non-affiliated study abroad program, you must still pay an advance deposit for the semester you plan to return.