Frequently Asked Questions
Financial Aid Awards
- What impact do parents in college or other family members pursuing graduate degrees have on my aid eligibility?
- When calculating EFC, do you recognize that I have two children in college?
- If one child in school has a scholarship, does that negate the benefit of having two children in college when calculating my EFC?
- Do you look at retirement accounts (401k, IRAs) when calculating EFC?
- Do savings such as stocks, trusts, and other investments students may have count as part of their student contribution?
- Will I get the same aid package every year?
- What types of changes can affect my aid package?
- What impact will outside scholarships have on my aid package?
- Are students on financial aid expected to contribute financially to their education?
- Who do I contact for veteran's benefits?
- What do I have to do to get reinstated for my financial aid if I lost it due to poor grades?
- Do returning students receive aid award letters in the mail?
- I received a Federal Direct Loan as part of my financial aid package. Do I need to do anything to accept it?