Frequently Asked Questions

Are students on financial aid expected to contribute financially to their education?

All students on financial aid are expected to find summer employment while enrolled at Ithaca College and to use a portion of those earnings toward upcoming educational expenses. A minimum self-help contribution of $1,500 from summer earnings is required for institutional need-based aid, regardless of the federally calculated student contribution. HEOP/IOG students are exempt from this requirement. Any student who intends to travel or attend summer school must advise the Office of Student Financial Services in advance and receive a written waiver of the summer employment requirement in order to be exempt from consideration of summer earnings as a portion of available funds.