Ithaca College and the Friends are the picture of symbiosis. Friends support IC, and in turn, IC supports the Friends.
Living in a college town has its perks, and IC brings a lot to the table.
- Our School of Music offers over 350 free concerts a year
where people can not only enjoy the tremendous talent of IC
students and faculty, but be in the audience for special
performances that bring world-renowned artists to campus.
- IC’s commitment to the arts also provides resources like
the Handwerker Gallery (on campus) and the Creative Space Gallery (in the South Hill
Business Park, across from IC) where our neighbors can see
innovative expressions from students and established artists. Both
galleries are free and open to the public.
- Ithaca is indeed “gorgeous.” So is Ithaca College.
Visitors are welcome to walk — and ski — the
college’s natural lands, comprising four protected natural
- IC is home to two pools, which the Friends are invited to join:
an impressive Olympic-size indoor pool and a 25-yard heated outdoor pool.
- In addition to top-notch academics, IC fields 27
intercollegiate sports teams. Neighbors are encouraged to come
support the Bombers during their home games. Only the
football games charge (a modest) admission.
- Friends can stay posted on the latest IC news with IC Current, a biweekly e-newsletter sent to the campus community.