Impact of Giving
Your philanthropy has a tremendous influence on the lives of our students. Here’s how your 2017-2018 leadership gifts impacted Ithaca College:
- A $1,000 annual gift is approximately equivalent to the payout from a $25,000 endowment -- just one of the many reasons why annual giving is so important.
- 813 Blue & Gold Society donors gave $6.7 million in annual gifts - your gifts made up 91% of all individual giving.
- 94% of students at Ithaca College receive some form of financial aid. Gifts to IC help bridge the gap for families who otherwise may not be able to afford tuition.
- Ithaca College encourages students to go beyond the classroom and gain real-life, professional experiences before they graduate, giving them the edge they need to succeed in their careers. Giving to IC keeps these programs robust:
- 475 students completed a credit-bearing internship
- 587 students studied abroad or traveled internationally
- 828 student athletes competed in 25 varsity sports
- 60% of students participated in 240 Student Organizations
- 421 students completed 2,690 volunteer hours