Gifts of Stock


If your securities are not held by a broker, you can either mail or hand-deliver the certificates directly to Ithaca College's Office of Advancement Services.

If mailing, send your unendorsed certificates and a cover letter -- including your name, address, and purpose of the gift -- in one envelope. In a second envelope, send a signed, signature-guaranteed stock power form. The certificates and stock power form must be sent separately to ensure the security of the gift. Please DO NOT mail endorsed certificates! Once a certificate is endorsed, it is legal tender and can be exchanged by anyone.

Send the stock certificates and cover letter by registered mail, return receipt requested, to:

Ithaca College Advancement Services
Alumni Hall
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850-7000

Under separate cover, by registered mail, send a signed stock power form to the above address. You can get a stock power form at your local bank.

The date of the gift is the postmark on the envelope containing the stock certificates or the envelope containing the stock power form, whichever the college receives last.