Application Process

International Students

Proof of English Proficiency

All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official results of a test of English proficiency.  Our recommended minimum scores are 213 on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) computer version, 80 on the internet-based version (iBT), and 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing).  Applicants who have earned a bachelors degree at a college or university where English is the language of instruction may be exempt from the English proficiency exam requirement.

Certification of Finances Forms

You must document that you can provide tuition and living expenses for your studies. If you have an assistantship, subtract the assistantship amount from the tuition and living expenses amount. If you are self-supporting, you need to complete only the certification of finances form. You need a bank official to sign this form or provide a bank letter stating the amount and source of your funds. An I-20 will not be sent to you unless you have first been accepted into the program and have approved financial documentation on file in the graduate office.

I-20 Form

After you have been accepted, and have approved financial documentation on file, an I-20 will be issued to you. Remember, you must certify your tuition and living expenses for the entire period of your study. If your program is one and one-half or two years, you must certify for additional funds.

Official Transcripts

All official transcripts (coming directly from the registrar's office to the graduate studies office) must be accompanied by English translations.  Applicants to the Speech-Language Pathology, Speech-Language Pathology with Teacher Certification and the Occupational Therapy degrees who attended colleges or universities outside of the United States must submit a course-by-course credential evaluation report prepared by World Educational Services (


The Graduate Record Examination is required for applicants to programs in exercise and sport sciences, professional entry-level master's in occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and teaching students with speech and language disabilities.