How to Apply
Applications opened for admission to the 2018-2019 academic year in October, 2017. We will not begin to make decisions until complete admissions packages have been received, including transcripts. If you are in your senior year we prefer that you send transcripts that include your fall, 2017, grades. The priority deadline for admission and assistantships is March 1.
- The admissions application is online and can be found on the Office of Admission webpage found here.
- Letters of recommendation may be required to be submitted one of two ways; either in hard copy form (requiring a signature) or online. If hard copy is required, please have your recommender mail the recommendation to the Office of Admission using the address provided on the form. Two letters of recommendation are required for admission. Recommendations should speak to your academic skills.
- If you are planning on applying for a graduate assistantship position, please fill out the appropriate information on the general application. But note that a separate assistantship application is required. See details below.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please submit all required materials and check you application status online.
- Priority will be given to complete applications submitted before March 1st for admission as well as assistantships. Though we will accept applications after March 1st , there is no guarantee that there is still space left for additional students. Assistantship decisions will not begin until March 1st but it is highly recommended to apply prior to this date. The assistantship selection process will take approximately 3-4 weeks.
- Decisions are made as "Accepted," "Not Accepted," or "Wait Listed." If you are accepted or wait listed you may have additional requirements, such as prerequisite requirements. Please read the letter you receive from the Office of Admission very carefully.
- All acceptance decisions are contingent upon successful graduation from your undergraduate institution. If you are newly graduated, you must have your final transcript sent to the Office of Admission before you enroll into the program.
Graduate Assistantship Application
- To be considered for a graduate assistantship you must complete the appropriate forms that can be found here on the ESS Graduate Assistantship webpage.
- Completely fill out the application and attach a resume. This application should be mailed as a hardcopy to the ESS graduate chair at the address on the form. If oversees, or timeliness is in question, you may scan and send the materials as a PDF email attachment. Send to the ESS graduate program chair email address below.
- All graduate assistantship applications require an additional letter of recommendation, sent directly to the graduate program chair, not the Office of Admission. This letter should speak to your work-related skills, including research involvement. This letter may come from a non-academic source if directly relevant to the positions applying for.
- Applications are due March 1st but applicants are encouraged to apply mid-February or sooner.
If you have any question regarding any part of the application process please contact the graduate chair at email@example.com or call (607) 274-1751