The Park School is seeking industry partners to reap the rewards of collaborating with thought leaders, executives, and scholars.
Partners agree to send at least one employee per year through the program and may receive a negotiated discount on tuition. They’ll have the opportunity to host sessions, create learning challenges and case studies, and obtain proprietary research focusing on their own business interests.
1. Hosting two- to three-day intensive seminars focusing on your organization’s industry challenges, initiatives, and R&D possibilities, which can include participation by your own employees and clients.
2. Contributing to and receiving the results of exclusive research content created by fellows and professors in the program.
3. Receiving invitations to selected Park School events and private receptions with global thought leaders in Ithaca, Los Angeles, and New York City. Events include the following:
- Park Distinguished Visitor Series
Recent speakers include political pundit James Carville, founding marketing head of Facebook Randi Zuckerberg, and Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington.
- Jessica Savitch Distinguished Journalism Lecture Series
This series has included ABC anchor David Muir '95, NBC News president Steve Capus, and ABC weather editor and environmental program host Sam Champion.
- Izzy Awards for Independent Media and the Park School’s Independent Media Speaker Series
Winners include human rights reporter Jeremy Scahill, Democracy Now! producer Amy Goodman, and Dr. Daniel Ellsberg, who released the Pentagon Papers.
- Park School’s Signature S’Park Course on Global Media Innovation
Past speakers include Disney chief executive officer Bob Iger '73, Peter Einstein who is CEO of the largest media group in the United Arab Emirates, Bill D’Elia '69 who has been the executive producer and director of Harry’s Law, West Wing, and Boston Legal, i.d.e.a. founder Ryan Berman, Emmy Award–winning documentarian Jeremy Levine '07, and EVP of Programming for BounceTV, Billy Hall '84.
- Media for Social Responsibility Minicourse and Global Competition
This three-day event is held each spring and focuses on a major global issue (such as weather disasters or nutrition and obesity) where media companies have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to society. It includes speakers from around the world, case studies, and student team challenges coached and judged by alumni. Partner universities from Asia, Africa, and Europe have participated.