All application materials, including specification of
the desired graduate program (SLP or SLPTC), are due to the
Admission by February 1.
All prerequisites must be completed prior to entry into the graduate program.
1. Completed online application
2. Application fee
3. Two letters of recommendation*; additional letters will not be read
4. All official undergraduate transcripts
5. Minimum GPA of 3.0.
6. Minimum GRE percentiles of =: V-30th percentile, Q-25th percentile, W-3.5
- ASHA requires a minimum of 25 observation hours. Students are encouraged to complete these hours prior to beginning the graduate program. In the event that an accepted student has not completed these hours prior to beginning the program, they must be completed by the end of Block 1 of the first fall semester.
- Accepted students will be expected to mail a health certification report prior to the first day of classes to:
201 Hammond Center
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
Note: any additional materials submitted (e.g., résumé, personal essay) will not be read.
Additional requirements if applying for a graduate assistantship:
*Students seeking a graduate assistantship must check the box on the online application form, and submit one additional letter of recommendation (in addition to the two required letters).
Additional information for Ithaca College undergraduate students majoring in SLPA who are interested in applying for automatic acceptance into the graduate program:
- Students who are currently enrolled in the SLPA major at Ithaca College, and who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 by the end of fall semester of the senior year, are automatically accepted into the graduate program.
- Students who are automatically accepted into the graduate program must submit an online application, application fee, GRE scores, and official undergraduate transcripts. Automatically accepted students must also submit one letter of recommendation if applying for a graduate assistantship.
- Students who are automatically accepted into the graduate program must apply within two years following graduation from the undergraduate program.