All application materials are due to the Office of Admission by February 1st.
The deadline to finalize a major (SLP vs. SLPTC) is due to the Graduate Program Chair by May 1st.
1. Completed online application
2. Application fee
3. GRE scores (Required of all applicants)
4. 2 letters of recommendation (Each letter of recommendation must be written by a different person)
5. All official undergraduate transcripts*
6. The personal essay portion of the application is optional for programs offered through the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
7. ASHA requires a minimum of twenty-five (25) observation hours. Students are encouraged to complete these hours prior to beginning the graduate program. In the event that a student has not completed these hours prior to beginning the program, they must be completed by the end of block 1 of the first fall semester.
8. All students must complete a health certification report which must be submitted prior to the first day of classes. Health certification reports should be mailed to:
201 Hammond Center
953 Danby Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
Additional requirements if applying for a graduate assistantship:
1. Indicate that you are seeking an assistantship by marking the box on the online graduate application form.
2. Submit two ADDITIONAL letters of recommendation (two assistantship reviewers must be in addition to the two reviewers used for admission to the program).
Additional information for Ithaca College students majoring in SLPA who are interested in applying for automatic acceptance into the graduate program for fall 2016
1. Students must submit an online application, application fee, and all official undergraduate transcripts.
2. Students who have a minimum overall GPA of 3.7 by the end of fall semester of the senior year and are currently enrolled in the SLPA major at Ithaca College are automatically accepted into the graduate program. (The GPA is automatically noted on the Ithaca College transcript, no formal request for consideration is needed on the online application.)
3. Students who qualify for automatic acceptance and are seeking an assistantship must submit GRE scores and two letters of recommendation.
*All prerequisites must be completed prior to entry into the graduate program. All SLP Major prerequisites must be completed with a letter grade. These courses include: Anatomy/Physiology of Speech & Hearing, Phonetics, Normal Language/Literacy Development, Basic Audiology, Articulation/Phonological Disorders, and Child Language Disorders