Ithaca College: Real Experience. Real Success.
There are many reasons why Ithaca College is an excellent choice for graduate study in the field of speech-language pathology. Central to the program is our theory into practice approach—providing students opportunities to gain the experience necessary to succeed in the real world. Indeed, all graduate students are immersed in clinical opportunities within the first few weeks of their first semester.
Along with many connections to area clinical practica sites, the college features its own extensively equipped on-campus clinic—the Sir Alexander Ewing-Ithaca College Speech and Hearing Clinic—which has excellent standing in the community.
Facilities include . . .
- Six digitally-equipped therapy rooms with adjoining observation rooms;
- A digitally-equipped diagnostic room;
- An assistive technology and alternative communication lab;
- A student preparatory workroom;
- A voice analysis laboratory;
- An extensive materials room that includes the latest diagnostic and treatment materials; and
- Two audiology sound suites with an adjoining control room.
During their final semester, students complete two full-time clinical externships that prepare them for the field of speech-language pathology.