Follow our blog for information regarding your benefits, work/life integration, health, wellness and more!
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Summer is almost officially here! One of the best parts of summer is breaking out the grill. Whether you’re a meat lover or strict vegan, everyone can find something to enjoy that can be made on the grill: veggie burgers, turkey burgers, regular burgers, vegetables, potatoes – the options are endless!
While grilling is a popular choice when it comes to food preparation in the summer, it can be dangerous if the proper safety requirements aren’t followed. Use these tips to make sure that the summer fun isn’t interrupted by an accident:
- ONLY ever use a grill outdoors and well away from your home, overhanging roofs, or tree branches – even if it’s raining!
- Keep all children and pets away from the grilling area
- Keep the grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grill and from trays below the grill
- Always read the owner’s manual before using to make sure that you’re following any specific safety procedures for that grill
- Use long-handled utensils to avoid burns or splatters
- Wear safe clothing that does not have excess hanging fabric, and watch to make sure apron strings are secure
- Be ready to extinguish flames if they get out of control. Have baking soda on hand to put out grease fires, and be sure to have a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Don’t ever attempt to move a hot grill
- NEVER leave a grill unattended!
Following these safety tips is important to having a safe and successful barbeque. Happy grilling!
Next » « Previous