Respectful Work Environment
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Ithaca College is a dynamic workplace where we strive to encourage positive employee relations, effective communication, and a respectful and inclusive work environment. Our Diversity Strategic Plan Goals include these areas that impact faculty and staff:
- Carry out a Campus Climate Survey for students, faculty, and staff on a regular basis and use the results to inform diversity initiatives across campus.
- Increase the number and retention of underrepresented ALANA faculty and staff.
- Develop/implement staff/faculty professional development opportunities related to diversity.
- Create a physical campus environment that recognizes and celebrates diversity.
- Develop specific initiatives for achieving universal access and meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Increase the number and retention of international faculty and staff.
Creating an Inclusive Culture: "The Truth Behind Bias, Bullying and other Derailing Behaviors"
The 5th annual Engaging Communities Luncheon event will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in the Emerson Suites. Join us as we explore and celebrate the notion of community and culture. It is necessary to RSVP for this important event as seating is limited.
This year's speaker, Craig B. Clayton, Sr., Director & Diversity Strategist at the Institute for Diversity & Cross Cultural Management at University of Houston, has provided the following resources for use by the Ithaca College community:
- Resource 1 (Hold)
- Resource 2 (Hold)
- Resource 3 (Hold)