We are a club of mostly Chemistry and Biochemistry majors, although open to all. We focus on bringing science to our surroundings and college community through volunteering and outreach. Chemistry Club is not all about chemistry; we like to have game and movie nights and just have fun together. This is a good place to meet different people in your major and professors. We hope you'll join us this semester! (Also check us out on OrgSync)
Welcome Back Potluck Dinner
Please join the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department to celebrate the start of a new academic year at the Welcome (Back) Potluck Dinner, hosted by the IC Chem Club! Come and catch up with your classmates, faculty, and chemistry enthusiasts. Find out what the department has been up to over the summer, and get to know your professors (and what they like to cook) in a relaxed atmosphere. We encourage everyone to bring a dish or refreshment, large or small. Vegetarian and vegan options will be available, but please let us know if there are any allergy or dietary restrictions we should know about.
- Date: Wednesday, September 13th
- Time: 5 pm
- Location: Center for Natural Sciences, 3rd floor lobby (right outside the teaching labs)
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Back Potluck Dinner
Welcome each other back to campus for a new semester. Reconnect with your friendly faculty and classmates and meet those that are new to chemistry or looking for a new challenge.
Spooky Science is an event that the Chem Club participates in every year. We dress up and put on kid-friendly demos for the children at the Sciencenter! Its a lot of fun and the Sciencenter is amazing! There will be a sign up for different demos posted in the Chem Club meeting 3 weeks from the date of Spooky Science. We had so much fun last year! Make sure you check out the photos!
End of Semester Potluck
At the end of each semester the IC chem department has a potluck to celebrate. We have tons of good food and liquid Nitrogen ice cream to top it all off. Anyone can come and celebrate, but we ask that you either bring a dish to pass. If you choose to bring a dish to pass, please bring a label for those with allergies. This event is very fun, and is a great way to meet and mingle with everyone involved in the chemistry department. Hope to see you there!
- T-Shirts: two different styles are available. The first style has the IC3 logo, in the choice or grey or blue. The other is navy blue with 50th anniversary theme. $15
- Sweatshirts:Hooded sweatshirts in navy blue with the IC3 logo $20
- Mugs: Caffeine coffee mugs $5
- Safety Glasses:Two styles available. The cheaper style fits over glasses and are clear. The second style are blue and very comfortable! $5 or $8.
Officers for 2016-2017 academic year:
- President: Anthony DiBernardo
- Vice-president: Claire Levitt
- Treasurer: Ryan Murtagh
- Secretary: Eva Chebishev